- To collaborate with the people of Atauro Island to;
- Identify and prioritise the needs of the communities on the island
- Support the leaders of the communities in developing skills in governance and economic management of the Timorese National Program of Community Empowerment (PROGRAMA NASIONAL DEZENVOLVIMENTU SUKU)
- Develop collaboratively with community leaders long term and short term goals for the areas of health, education and economic development that will advance the self-sufficiency of Atauro’s communities.
- Strengthen the communities of Atauro Island with initiatives consistent with principles of environmental, social and cultural sustainability.
- To liaise with the communities of Indigo Shire to build awareness and understanding of the culture, values and development needs of our friends on Atauro.
- To support Indigo communities in raising funds for the projects and initiatives identified by the people of Atauro.
- To provide accurate, timely information to the Indigo Shire Council about matters related to Atauro Island with recommendations for Shire support of identified projects.
L-R : Libby Hosking, Mark Verbaken, Irene Cracknell, Rob Porter, Lesley Milne, Peter Croucher, Frances Walsh
Absent Shire Representatives: Jess Johnston, Jenny O’Connor
Committee member emails:
President - Mark Verbaken firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary - Libby Hosking email@example.com
Committee - Rob Porter firstname.lastname@example.org